Last updated on 09 July 2020.
When you use Fishta (App), some of your Personal Data is collected by us. We are committed to protecting the security of this data and safeguarding your privacy. This Privacy Notice outlines the details of the Personal Data collected, the manner in which it collected, and the purposes for which it is used.
Throughout this document, the terms “we”, “us”, “our” & “ours” refer to Salai Xtreme Develoers. And the terms “you”, “your” & “yours” refer to YOU (the individual whose Personal Data we are referring to).
We process any Personal Data we collect from you in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Notice. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your Personal Data.
What Personal Data Do We Collect & Process?
Categories of Personal Data that we collect, and process are as follows:
- Demographic, Identity & Contact Data (for e.g., name, date of birth, email address, current city, hometown, phone numbers in mobile address book)
- Professional and Educational Data
- Preferences or Interests related Data (for e.g., preferences, comments, posts, feedbacks, interests, likes/dislikes, other content you submit while accessing the App)
- Online Identifiers and other Technical Data (for e.g., Internet Protocol (IP) address, mobile platform, and unique device identifier (UDID))
- Authentication Data (for e.g., username, password)
- Communications Details (for e.g., chats, voice messages)
- Photos & Videos
Where Do We Collect Your Personal Data From?
We collect your Personal Data in following ways:
- The Personal Data that you provide when you register on our App and, further, during usage of the App.
- The Personal Data that gets collected in the background and/or is observed about you during usage of the App.
- The Personal Data that gets generated about you during usage of the App.
We may receive your Personal Data from other people if they have shared your Personal Data with us (for e.g., if they have tagged you in their photos or when other users you know use our App, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book, or they may send you a message, send messages to groups to which you belong, or call you).
For What Purposes Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To deliver our App and services
- To verify your account and activity
- To communicate with you regarding our App and existing services availed by you, including notifications of any alerts or updates to our App and services
- To respond to you when you contact us with your requests, enquiries, comments, and complaints
- To evaluate, develop and improve our App and services
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud and situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person
- To provide technical, product and other support and help keep the App working, safe and secure
On What Lawful Grounds Do We Process Your Personal Data?
We process your Personal Data by relying on one or more of the following lawful grounds:
- You have consented to us processing your Personal Data for specified reasons
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we may have (for e.g., towards law enforcement agencies, government agencies, regulators, etc)
- The processing is necessary for provision of certain services to you. For e.g.,
- to provide technical and App support
- to provide notification of maintenance or any other App related alerts
- to analyse how our services are being used
- to evaluate, develop and improve our App and services
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud and situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person
Where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any point in time. Upon receipt of your request to withdraw your consent, the consequences of withdrawal will be communicated to you. In many cases, upon such a withdrawal, we may not be able to continue offering our products and services to you. You may withdraw consent by contacting us using the details specified in the ‘Contact Us’ section.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Data With?
People and Accounts that you Share and Communicate With
Our App lets you post and share Personal Data, comments, materials, and other content. By uploading data about yourself like photos, posts, likes, etc., others may be able to view your profile and other uploaded content on the App. Any data you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexable by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing Personal Data in these public areas.
We may engage service providers while providing our products and services to you. We may share your Personal Data (i.e. device identifiers) with service providers that assist us in areas like Application Development, User Experience analytics, Statistical Analysis or any other purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice.
We have appropriate contracts in place with all such service providers. This means that they are not permitted to do anything with your Personal Data which is outside of the scope specified by us. We share your Personal Data with such service providers subject to obligations consistent with this Privacy Notice and our contracts with them.
We may share Personal Data with our subsidiaries for business and operational purposes. All such transactions will be subject to obligations consistent with this Privacy Notice.
We may also disclose your Personal Data to appropriate authorities if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process; protect the safety of any person; address fraud or security issues; or protect our rights or the rights of those who use our products & services. We may disclose your Personal Data to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts, dispute resolution bodies, regulators, auditors, and any party appointed or requested by applicable regulators to carry out investigations or audits of our activities.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Data?
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data in our custody. We take reasonable steps to ensure appropriate physical, technical, and managerial safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, alteration, transmission, and deletion. We train our employees about the importance of maintaining the privacy and security of your Personal Data. We ensure that the third parties who provide services to us under appropriate contracts take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data in line with our policies.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We retain your Personal Data for as long as it is required to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice and for legal or regulatory reasons.
All Personal Data collected from you at the time of registration will be retained for as long as your account remains in existence. When you delete your account, we delete things that you have posted, such as your photos and status updates, and you will not be able to recover this information later. Information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted.
How Do We Ensure Children’s Privacy?
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your child has provided us with their Personal Data, we request you to ask your child to delete their account. Alternately please contact us using the details in the ‘Contact us’ section of this notice.
We collect Personal Data about you via our App using permissions such as camera, microphone, storage, contacts, phone. IOS and Android devices have the option to revoke the permission through app permissions in phone settings. We use the data obtained through permissions to enhance the functionality of the App and to analyse it to serve you better.
The permissions we take are for the following purposes:
|Permissions||Features Provided based on Permission|
|Camera||Taking photos for uploading in posts, stories, chats etc.|
|Contacts||Syncing contacts for adding to friend list, call, chat etc.|
|Microphone||Audio/Video Calling, Audio/Video recording etc.|
|Phone||Audio/Video Calling etc.|
|Storage||To store & access files|
We also use trackers on our App to collect session data about you. We receive information when you view content on or otherwise interact with our services, which we refer to as “Log Data,”. For example, when you sign into the App, or make calls using the App.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. We only use strictly necessary cookie for technical purpose to keep our website secure and to comply with regulations that apply to us.
What Are Your Privacy Rights?
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data you include in your profile and controlling the visibility of your posts to communication controls (for e.g., who can call you or chat with you).
For Personal Data we have about you, you can:
- Access the Personal Data: You have a right to access the data that you have provided. For e.g., you can visit the profile page to view your profile details. You can also ask us for a copy of your Personal Data in machine readable form.
- Change or Correct the Personal Data: You have a right to update or make corrections to data that you have provided. For e.g., when you upload a post on the App, you can edit the post at any time. The accuracy of such information is solely your responsibility.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your Personal Data (For e.g., if we have no lawful grounds to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (For e.g. if your Personal Data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- You can send a request to us to delete your data completely.
You can contact us using the details in the ‘Contact us’ section of this notice, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
If you are an EU resident, under the GDPR, you have certain rights and we commit to provide you with them. Read More
- Right of Access: You have the right to get access to your Personal Data that is with us along with other supporting information.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify your Personal Data that is with us that you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete your Personal Data that you think is incomplete.
- Right to Erasure : You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data that is with us under certain circumstances.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to ask that we transfer the Personal Data you gave us to another organisation, or to you, under certain circumstances.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances.
- Right to not be subjected to Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Links to Other Apps
We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of those linked Apps. This privacy notice does not cover the privacy practices of those organizations. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of the other Apps you visit.
How Do We Keep This Notice Up To Date?
We regularly review and update our Privacy Notice to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate. Any changes we may make to this Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page. When we post changes to this Privacy Notice, we will revise the “last updated” date.
How Do You Contact Us?
For any further queries and complaints related to privacy, or exercising your rights, you could reach us at:
Contact Email Address: [email protected]
Organization Contact Details:
5-11-1 Madurai Main Road,
Palayamatti – 626112